New Ravenna is currently seeking a talented CAD Operator at our Exmore, VA office to assist with design drawings for mosaic projects. The hours for this role are 7:00am – 3:30pm or as required. This is a full-time position in the Pre-Production Department.
Your responsibilities at New Ravenna:
- Developing detailed vector design drawings & models according to written & verbal specifications for mosaic projects (at this point, 2 dimensional designs only).
- Drafting CAD designs to download to Water Jet and Router software for programming.
- Keeping up with technical advances in software programs.
- Monitoring and reporting on project status.
- Consulting with Sales staff to resolve design issues.
- Ensuring dimensions of mosaic designs are accurately reflected on all designs.
- Reviewing specifications, sketches, ideas, etc., to identify factors affecting final design.
- Proactively consulting with Sales staff to understand their instructions and to answer their questions.
- Maintaining all versions of working designs for current projects and maintaining archives of designs, including related documentation for completed designs.
- Attending project meetings and providing information about the status of requested projects.
- Identifying obstacles and recommending corrective measures.
- Position can often offer challenges that require an element of artistry to achieve the desired effect.
- Working with a team to execute projects on time and on budget. Qualifications required:
- High proficiency and experience with AutoCAD (2D only)
- Proactive in problem solving and communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent math and organizational skills
- Demonstration of the ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
- A sense of urgency about deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with a non-technical audience with patience and understanding
- Experience using AutoCAD applications.
- AutoDesk certification preferred.
- Continuing education courses on new CAD technology as it emerges.
- Previous CAD/CAM experience preferred.
- Previous IGEMS experience preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to Kristi Shaffer, Talent and Culture Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.