New Ravenna endeavors to make residences and commercial buildings feel beautiful, renewed, and connected through a unique, exciting, and transformative design experience.
Our products are not only trendsetting; they bring art to practical spaces. Design is in our DNA. New artistic collections and innovative product lines are released each year. In addition, each product can be customized to meet the needs of any customer — tile can be tumbled, honed, or treated to create distinctive styles, subtle shade variations, and textures. The final product is a custom, one-of-a-kind work of art in mosaic tile, which often incorporates the designs of architects, interior designers, and their clients.
New Ravenna custom stone and glass mosaics can be found in celebrity homes, restaurants, hotels, and corporate offices around the world. You can order New Ravenna through nearly 200 exclusive designer showrooms in the US and internationally.
New Ravenna is located on the easternmost coast of Virginia in the United States. All products are made by hand in the historical town of Exmore. Surrounded by water on three sides, the Eastern Shore is known for its serene beach towns, oysters, outdoor sporting, and rich history. With 110+ employees, New Ravenna is the largest private sector employer in Northampton County.
Position Open: CFO/Controller
Location: This position is in-person at our facility in Exmore, VA, but remote and hybrid options are available.
New Ravenna, Inc. | Exmore, Virginia | Reports to the CEO
- Assist the CEO and Board of Directors in understanding the company’s current financial condition, forecasting its future, and helping to develop the financial underpinnings of its strategy
- Manage the accounting department’s day-to-day operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, IT functions, and personnel
- Forecast and manage the company’s cash flow
- Oversee and direct funds, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization
- Create reports that allow analyzing of historical operational data to identify trends such as profit by production. Use this data to formulate strategy for future marketing and growth
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures with other statistical and routine reports
- Issue wire transfers and accounts for foreign currency exchange for foreign purchase orders
- Review and make recommendations/decisions concerning financing debt, insurance coverage for physical assets and corporate liability, deposits, and tax issues
- Oversee corporate tax returns ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements. Work with company’s external CPA firm in the preparation of tax returns in multiple states
- Maintain records and plan/supervise inventories for key corporate assets
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the corporation’s annual reports
- Determine the appropriate accounting methods used and adjust for changes from internal and external sources
- Determine the appropriate organization of the chart of accounts and maintain those accounts
- Make entries into general ledger through SAGE 100 system for accruals and adjustments to the ledger
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs. Perform balance sheet account reconciliations on monthly and annual basis
- Maintain control over assets of the company with emphasis on liquid assets including, but not limited to, cash and inventory
- Control and issue access to credit cards, online banking accounts, and the SAGE 100 information system
- Coordinate with outside auditors, reviewers, tax officials, and other officials on behalf of the company
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value, and location of property. Assist in year-end physical inventory counts
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial challenges
- Assist with related special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, Master’s or MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years accounting and management experience
- Excellent oral, written, listening and analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of management as well as with external auditors
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and experience using ERP software such as Sage 100
- Proven knowledge of financial/accounting requirements
- Team player with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent business ethics
- Strategic Planning – ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved
- Honesty/Integrity – you’re always truthful and seen as credible in the workplace
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Cheryl Celli, Talent and Culture Director, at [email protected].