New Ravenna is searching for a full-time Field Tile Apprentice in our field tile department. You will begin the collaborative process of creating works of art by learning the processes in creating mosaic masterpieces, both simple and complex, from basic basketweave patterns to complicated custom artistic floors and walls. Your role is critical to our team’s success and our customer’s satisfaction and adoration of their hand-made mosaic surfaces. An Apprentice will start in our field tile area and will learn how to
use both hands by developing hand/eye coordination and physical dexterity.
Your responsibilities at New Ravenna:
• Work on a variety of field tile, water jet and more intricate mosaic projects.
• Learn about “piece rate” pay and maintain or exceed piece rates by goal setting within thirty days.
• Properly read a purchase order and a work order and double check your materials for accuracy against the work order.
• Read and follow “Work Instructions” for each project.
• Measure correctly and accurately by using a ruler or tape measure.
• Learn placement, spacing, taping and cutting techniques.
• Switch from one project to another efficiently.
• Mix the same color material together before starting a project, ensuring consistent color throughout.
• Gradually learn the art of using nippers so as not to harm or cause pain in the hands.
• Recognize names, colors, sizes and finishes of glass and stone.
• Clean up after each project and at days end. You are required to sweep your floor area daily before leaving.
• Accurately complete a time sheet.
• Learn techniques from an Apprentice Trainer and other Mosaic Artists.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, complete an application and email it to [email protected] Applications can also be picked up at our main building at 3268 Broad St. Exmore, VA 23350.