We are searching for a full-time Field Tile Apprentice in our field tile department. You will begin the collaborative process of creating works of art by learning the processes in creating mosaic masterpieces, both simple and complex, from basic basketweave patterns to complicated custom artistic floors and walls. Your role is critical to our team’s success and our customer’s satisfaction and adoration of their hand-made mosaic surfaces.
An Apprentice will start in the field tile area learning how to use both hands by developing hand/eye coordination and physical dexterity.
• Work on a variety of field tile, water jet and more intricate mosaic projects.
• Be paid by the piece and learn how to attain piece rate and maintain or exceed piece rates by goal setting within 30 days.
• Learn how to properly read a purchase order and a work order as well as double check your materials for accuracy against the work order.
• Learn how to read “Work Instructions.”
• Be able to measure correctly and accurately by using a ruler or tape measure.
• Learn placement, spacing, taping and cutting techniques.
• Develop the ability to switch from one project to another.
• Learn how to mix all the same color material together before starting a project, ensuring consistent color throughout.
• Gradually learn the art of using nippers so as not to harm or cause pain in the hands.
• Learn how to recognize names, colors, sizes and finishes of glass and stone.
• Learn how to clean up after each project and at days end. You are required to sweep your floor area daily before leaving.
• Learn how to accurately complete a time sheet.
• Learn by asking, listening and being shown techniques by an Apprentice Trainer and other Mosaic Artists.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please complete a New Ravenna application or send your resume to email@example.com.