Reports to: Controller
New Ravenna is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join our Finance team!
The Accounting Clerk will compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data or use in maintaining accounting records. Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers. Assist Controller with miscellaneous accounting and bookkeeping concerns. Contact our showroom finance staff to discuss payments, past due payments, and payment arrangements and time frames. Work with our vendors to keep accounts payable invoices and payments up to date.
- Maintain current accounts receivable records with our showrooms via various platforms such as emails, phone calls, and billing invoices to collect amount due while maintaining a cheerful and professional relationship with clients.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Audit billing for outgoing shipments.
- Create and post customer invoices.
- Record all payments received from clients.
- Post all accounts payable invoices from vendors.
- Reconcile charges made on company credit cards weekly.
- Prepare monthly designer commission statements.
- Month end reconciliations including accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, etc.
- Prepare accounts payable checks.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Assist with year-end inventory/cycle counts.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work-related experience.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to Cheryl Celli at [email protected].